Fun Run 2020
October 19 - 23, 2020
- Monday October 19 - Uinta
- Wednesday October 21 - Magnolias
- Thursday October 22 - Willows
- Friday October 23 - Wasatch & Oquirrh
Each year our students have the opportunity to raise pledges for our two main Service Learning Projects:
The Montessori Community School sponsors two grandmothers, Grandmother Anita Jackson and Grandmother Elvira Horseherder, through the Adopt-A-Native-Elder program. The Navajo Nation has been heavily impacted by COVID-19, increasing their already profound vulnerability to food and economic insecurity. Our adopted elders rely on the personal supplies, yarn, firewood, and food certificates we provide with funds raised at our annual Fun Run Fundraiser.
We have also sponsored girls through the Children of Ethiopia Education Fund (COEEF) for more than 15 years. We currently are supporting 3 girls through their schooling by providing tuition, supplies, tutoring, and medical and personal needs. Betselot Abiy is in 1st grade, loves math, and wants to be a pilot. Mariana Bekele is in kindergarten, loves the merry-go-round, and wants to be a teacher. Hana Fantu is 4, her favorite color is red, and she wants to be a doctor.
Running on the Green Space
Using the week will allow classes to remain separated and for normal activities to take place on the Green Space between Run's.
How to Help
- Helping your child tell friends, neighbors and grandparents to support such a worthwhile event
- Helping your child actively participate by earning money to pledge in the Fun Run
- Watch the progress of the event on the donation page