13th Annual Fun Run 2019
Wednesday – September 25, 2019
Our students have the unique opportunity to raise pledges for Service Learning Projects:
- The Children of Ethiopia Education Fund (COEEF) – Specifically, the COEEF program sponsors girls in Ethiopia so they can attend school.
- Adopt-a-Native Elder Program – Allows us to reach out to one another, share our gifts, and mend the broken circle of our relationship with the Land and the Native Americans who hold it in sacred trust.
- MEF Growth & Education – Continuing to grow the Montessori Educational Foundation nonprofit though grassroots Montessori advocacy and support
Make a bigger impact by
- Helping your child to set a goal to raise a certain amount.
- Helping your child tell family and friends about the Fun Run. You would be surprised how many friends, neighbors and grandparents are eager to support such a worthwhile cause.
- Helping your child actively participate. (For example, earning money by doing extra chores at home. Then, in turn donating to this charitable event.)
- Attending the event and join with them as they run or cheer them on from the sidelines.
- Volunteering to help at the event. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Our goal this year is to raise at least $7,000 total, with 80% family participation. Help us beat exceed our previous goal.
We look forward to this exciting Service Learning experience and hope all of our families will participate with enthusiasm.
“We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.”
– Maria Montessori