To accommodate physical distancing during the school day drop off and pick up times we ask all our families to pay close attention to the map showing the particular entry/exit points for your child’s class. We encourage you to revisit the Student and Parent Protocol section of our Safe Return to School for additional details regarding morning drop off and afternoon pick up so that you and your child are well prepared for the first day of school. All Extended Care morning arrivals and afternoon departures will be facilitated at the main entrance (parking lot door).
Every student will need to have a Screening Form completed prior to arrival at school each day. Parents are asked to show the person completing screening the email response they received from that day’s submission of the form at the entry point.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind our families that students and staff showing any of the following symptoms are asked to stay home from school:
- Chills, fever (below 35°C/95°F or above 38°C/100.4°F)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Lost sense of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Congestion or runny nose
Anyone who has exhibited symptoms that could be COVID-19 can return to school if:
- No fever for 24 hours and without the support of medication;
- AND no additional symptoms have presented;
- AND if a healthcare provider confirms that the cause of the fever or other symptoms are not COVID 19 related- based on a negative COVID-19 test and this test is shared with the school.
This school year will require everyone to follow a great many new procedures. We recognize that new routines and systems can be challenging to learn and remember. We ask that everyone be mindful of showing patience and tolerance as we navigate these new procedures together.