Admission & Application:
Children are accepted into the program on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parents' educational philosophy is compatible with that of Montessori Community School. The admissions process consists of a parent tour, submission of an application form and non-refundable application fee, a Parent Interview with the members of our Admissions Committee. Once these steps have been completed the Admissions Committee will decide whether to accept a student.
Once accepted, parents will be notified of the decision by the Director of Admissions, along with information on how to proceed with enrollment. In cases where classrooms are full, the child's name will be placed on a waiting list.
The Montessori Community School welcomes all qualified individuals regardless of sex, race, religion, color, national/ethnic origin.
To apply for admission:
- Contact the admissions office via the Admissions Inquiry Form in the Enroll section of our website to arrange for an adults-only tour. Attendance at our January Admissions Information Night OR a tour is required for admission. While MCS has visitor restrictions due to COVID-19, an online admissions call/virtual tour will take the place of the in-person tour.
- Review a number of resources on our website, available at this link. These include: more information and suggested reading about the Montessori method; how Montessori schools differ from traditional schools; the importance of the third year (Kindergarten year) and 3-year cycle in Early Childhood; and more details about our Summer Adventures Camp. We also invite you to check out our Facebook page.
- After getting to know our school and the Montessori method better, if interested in applying, request the Online Application instructions from the Director of Admissions. Application requirements vary by program.
- Once the application is submitted, the Director of Admissions will contact you to schedule a parent interview with members of the Admissions Committee who have Montessori training and experience with the Early Childhood program. While MCS has visitor restrictions due to COVID-19, this will be an online parent interview.
- We typically notify families of the decision made by the Admissions Committee within a couple of weeks after the parent interview. We continue to accept students until we fill our spaces.
- Upon acceptance, families will receive an acceptance letter and then can request the enrollment form instructions. This form will need to be completed and returned if they choose to enroll. Other requirements for enrollment include:
- a $650 annual non-refundable commitment fee,
- the child’s birth certificate,
- the child’s immunization record.