Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Friday, February 4, 2022. Progress Reports will be published in Compass prior to conferencing. Please note, all conferences will be virtual. The process to sign-up for a time slot will be shared with you soon.
Helpful tips to make the most of your conference:
- Be prepared. Write down questions or things you would like to discuss and email the teachers with your questions before the conference.
- Confer with your child. Ask your child if there is anything they would like you to discuss with the teachers.
- Use your time carefully. Keep the conference focused on the child and the purpose of the conference.
- Listen and share. Be open to suggestions from the teacher and be prepared to share suggestions of your own. No one knows your child like you know them.
- Ask for clarification. If you are unclear about what the teacher is telling you about your child, ask for specific examples. Remember that you and the teachers are a team and your main focus is meeting the needs of your child.
- Write it down. Take notes so you can share information with your child after the meeting.
- Keep the teacher informed. Things happening at home often affect children’s behavior and performance at school.
- Summarize. At the end, make sure that everyone understands what was talked about and what they have committed to do.
- Follow up. If you have items that need to be followed up on, establish a check-in date.
Please note, the school and office are closed on all PTC days.