Don’t get tricked this Halloween!
- Avoid a candy/drug mix-up by keeping medicine up and out of reach. If you suspect someone has mistaken drugs for candy, call 1-800-222-1222 for #PoisonHelp.
- Be careful with cosmetics. Only use nontoxic face paints and test on the skin before use.
- Throw away all candy or treats that are not in their original wrappers.
- Glow sticks are fun to use on Halloween, but if bitten into by a child, the liquid inside can cause skin irritation and make their stomach upset. #PreventPoison by watching children closely when they are using glow sticks and make sure they keep them out of their mouth! If a child bites a glow stick, call 1-800-222-1222.
- Use caution with dry ice. Avoid using it in an enclosed space and always wear gloves when handling.
If you have a poison mishap, call 1-800-222-1222 for free, expert help.
– Utah Poison Control Center