Please enjoy this beautiful newsletter about our Native Elders. Also, to learn more about the Adopt-A-Native Elder Program and how to get involved, please visit http://anelder.org/.
Tag: Adopt-A-Native Elder Program
Thanks to your generosity during our Fun Run Drive this past Fall to our non-profit Montessori Education Foundation (MEF). We were able to send or order the following items to our sponsored Navajo Grandmothers this week through the Adopt-a-Native Elder Program.
Spring Delivery only and delivered during the Spring food run. This gift box fills a need to provide personal care items that are not contained in any other gift option. It contains Cottenelle wipes, Kleenex, a wash cloth, bath towel, vent brush, bobby pins, Vaseline, shampoo, sanitizer, emery boards, and a bandana.
The child is endowed with an inner power which can guide us to a more enlightened future.
Raising for a Good Cause:
On Thursday, September 27th, your child will be participating in our 12th annual Montessori Community School Fun Run! Each year our students have the opportunity to raise pledges for two of our Service Learning projects, The Children of Ethiopia Education Fund, COEEF, and Adopt-a-Native Elder Program. Please learn about these wonderful causes and support our community and your students in their efforts!
Our Montessori students will have the opportunity to raise pledges for our two main Service Learning projects: The Children of Ethiopia Education Fund (COEEF), and the Navajo Adopt-A-Native-Elder Program. Specifically, the COEEF program will give vital financial support the girls our MCS students sponsor can attend school in Ethiopia. Pledges will also help our adopted Navajo grandmothers purchase much-needed items, such as food, firewood, clothing, and gardening tools for themselves and their families, as well as yarn to weave the beautiful rugs they sell to earn a living.
Service learning is a wonderful element of our Montessori program, and teaches students about the joy and value of contributing to their community, society, and world. We encourage you to join with us in supporting your child in service learning. You can do this by:
· Helping your child tell family and friends about the Fun Run. You’d be surprised how many friends, neighbors and grandparents are eager to support such a worthwhile event.
· Helping your child actively participate by earning money to pledge in the Fun Run. (For example, maybe he or she could help sweep the floor or put away clothes.)
· Helping your child to set a goal to run a certain number of laps or to raise a certain amount of funds.
· Attending the event (see the upcoming schedule for when your child’s class will be running) and join with them as they run their laps or cheer them on from the sidelines.
· Volunteering to help at the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We look forward to this exciting service learning experience and hope you’ll participate with enthusiasm.
MCS Parent School Alliance