Skip to main content

Don’t get tricked this Halloween!

| Montessori Admin |
  • Avoid a candy/drug mix-up by keeping medicine up and out of reach. If you suspect someone has mistaken drugs for candy, call 1-800-222-1222 for #PoisonHelp.
  • Be careful with cosmetics. Only use nontoxic face paints and test on the skin before use.
  • Throw away all candy or treats that are not in their original wrappers.
  • ​Glow sticks are fun to use on Halloween, but if bitten into by a child, the liquid inside can cause skin irritation and make their stomach upset. #PreventPoison by watching children closely when they are using glow sticks and make sure they keep them out of their mouth! If a child bites a glow stick, call 1-800-222-1222.
  • Use caution with dry ice. Avoid using it in an enclosed space and always wear gloves when handling.

If you have a poison mishap, call 1-800-222-1222 for free, expert help.

– Utah Poison Control Center